31 May 2015

Party at Stagger Lee's!


Dearest internet,


I woke up feeling hipster yesterday so I decided to casually saunter down and assimilate myself into the cult (...ure) that is the glory of Fitzroy.

Took a photo of the entrance of Stagger Lee's and since it didn't turn out blurry (and therefore, utilisable!) I took it as a sign that I should enter (jokes, I stalked it on Urbanspoon first like we all do. edit: which has now changed to Zomato).



Stagger Lee you're so polite!  Don't mind if I do.  



I made myself comfortable at the end of the communal table...


... as it gave the best vantage point of the food display cabinet.



Laboratory glass cold dip brewer just chillin' on the table.




If breathing in second-hand smoke floats your boat, feel free to sit outside.


Latte (not mine).  Made with Proud Mary roasted beans if the numerous packets on the shelves are not just there to look pretty.


Emojis materialised < 3


A thoroughly enjoyable mocha; if I can taste chocolate and not just a tidal wave of coffee I've had a good time.  Um also total bonus with the two marshmallows the barista popped on the side.  HE'S A KEEPER.


Tried their chorizo and cheese quesadilla which was excellent, so much so I ended up ordering another to take-away.  Never before in my life have I done that.  I'll let that sink in.  Problem is, I can't pronounce 'quesadilla' properly so it was all a bit "I'll have the *mumble* please! (points at item) up in there for a while.  Disclaimer: definitely can't comment on its authenticity peeps.

I perused their menu too, and they offer some testosterone charged options like 'THE MAN CAVE GRANOLA' and 'BBQ BEEF BRISKET TOASTY'.  I'm very much inclined towards the 'Buttermilk Fried Chicken' and I'll be sure to go with an empty stomach next time (yes, there will be a next!).  Fret not alternative-diet friends, they are all-inclusive with vegan, vegetarian and paleo alternatives.  Nut allergy?  No problem!  They indicate that on the menu (no more fear of potential death hurrah!).

Waitstaff are very friendly and chilled.  If you like prompt service without being hounded constantly, this place is for you.

BONUS BLURRY PIC:

An evidently rushed photo as I didn't want that table of boys mistakenly thinking I was taking their pics for souvenirs.  

BTW the little corridor on the left towards the back leads to the bathroom.  I feel it my civil duty to like-minded hygiene freaks to note that it was clean, I didn't have to grab a key or step foot outside, there was soap and paper towels and it didn't smell nasty (at that point in time) so no complaints.  Be warned, there is only one toilet for each gender so factor in waiting time because no one wants a questionable puddle on the floor.  

On that pleasant note, see you soon loves x

Stagger Lee's
276 Brunswick Street,
Fitzroy VIC 3065
http://staggerlees.com.au/



Click to add a blog post for Stagger Lee's on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment