14 Jun 2015

Game Face On at Pidapipó


Dearest internet,

After a botched attempt at obtaining gelati at Brunetti's due to its perchance for attracting queue jumpers (OH THE ANGST) I felt very wretched and hard done by (I know, only the most seriousness of issues will be dealt with on this platform) before my eyes landed on the glory that was this luminescent neon sign as an answer to my benediction (HALLELUJAH!).


Lemme tell this to you straight, Pidapipó ain't playing games when it comes to gelati.


Don't you be mistakin' it for nothin' else.


I'll keep this short today.  Was out with friends at the time (stop looking so surprised) and was juggling a whole heap of items with separation anxiety so not a lot of photos were taken.  I'm confident...ly unsure that I ordered the flavours 'Bacio' and 'Peanut Butter' (no wait, yeah actually on second thought that sounds about right) and this combo set me back $6 which I thought was quite reasonable being artisan and all.  As it is considered one of the best gelati spots in Melbourne, I was in for a good time.   They both had consistently smooth, creamy textures without being overwhelmingly thick so yay.  Flavours are perfect if you enjoy it light and I could tell that a lot of thought was put into its creation.  I lean towards an overwhelming robust taste that punches you in the face and enjoy crunchy bits to chew on so while I demolished the whole thing with relish I wasn't ready for marriage.  That said, I believe the warm nutella swirl topping ($1) will probably change my mind about commitment so that's gonna happen sometime soon.

Yep, that's it.  Talk soon loves x

Pidapipó
299 Lygon Street, 
Carlton VIC 3053
http://pidapipo.com.au/

Click to add a blog post for Pidapipó on Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment