6 Jun 2015

Bonjour Monsieur De Clieu!


Dearest internet,


Having opened up Pandora's Box in the last post here, I decided to succumb to the bewitchment of Fitzroy once again so I floated down in a rain of sparkles to De Clieu. 



The circle above the door clearly says 'De Clieu' in reality (as opposed to what? My imagination?) but the lighting was kinda off.


 They were able to seat us straight away and I kinda looked at them like "What? Sorry? I don't have to wait an hour for a seat at the bar AND give you my firstborn as down payment?"  I almost flung myself at the waitress in a fit of sobbing gratitude.


Notice a trend? I always sit where I can fixate on all the glorious food at the counter.


Cosy nook near the front. If I am not mistaken, you can purchase your very own French press from the back wall for all you go-getters with the extra willpower to get up earlier in the morning to make their own coffee.  I SALUTE YOU (... from the comfort of my warm bed... in my dreams).


Do not be deceived by that little area sectioned off by the grill.  It is NOT an outdoor seating area; you see that gentlemen there?  He is, in fact, only a reflection.


He was actually sitting here.  Something my evidently addled mind did not grasp until he got up and left.


This is a latte (not mine), made with Five Senses coffee.  I have always thought of myself as a highly enthusiastic bubble fan, but I was distressed to find that I change my tune when it replaces latte art.  How DARE you ruin my Instagram feed?!  (Jokes guys chill lol I'm not that insane).  However, despite being slightly under-dressed, I am told that it did taste decent.


Mocha, stronger on the chocolate.


I would say the chocolate taste was equal to the coffee, but I think I would have preferred it slightly more chocolate-y (wow, you could mistake me for a linguist with such precise descriptive terms).  Definitely not complaining though!


Alight listen up, public service announcement time.
These babies right here are the BEST soft-shell crab sliders / burgers I've ever had in a Melbourne cafe and modesty priced at $13.  For once I didn't bite into the burger, hit the crab and felt like I've licked a Himalayan salt lamp.  The salad (a mix of greens and pickles) was lightly dressed which was refreshing in-between bites of the spicy crab.  The streak of mayonnaise at the back with peanuts(?) was heaven.  Was I meant to mix it with the salad, was I meant to add it to the burger? Who know and who cares when it tastes that good c'mon.


These will fill you up, no worries.  I reckon they're the equivalent of one large burger (but with more soft-shell crab).  I believe their menu changes quite often (my my how thrilling!), so I won't note what else was available as it'll likely be redundant by the time you read this.  Nonetheless, I will delightedly report to you that they will always remain a loyal friend to vegans / vegetarians.


Yeah, that's about it.  I'll leave you with this photo because I took it and waste not want not right?  See you soon loves x

De Clieu
187 Gertrude Street,
Fitzroy VIC 3065
[No website(?) so go to Zomato for deets]

 Click to add a blog post for De Clieu on Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment