28 May 2015

Rum Balls

Dearest internet,




Woke up and decided to make rum balls because I wanted to eat something chocolate-ty (hah! like that's something new?) but required no effort on my part (read: baking).  I decided that this momentous occasion required documenting.


Ingredients


- 1 packet x Arnott's Plain Biscuits (i.e. Marie, Nice, Milk Coffee, Milk Arrowroot)
- 5 tblsp x Cocoa Powder
- 3 tblsp x Milk (I used soy milk because that's what I had in the fridge lol)
- 1 can x Nestle Condensed Milk (feel free to use the skim version, tastes the same to me)
- 1 cup x Shredded Coconut + 1 cup extra for rolling



1.  Take the plain biscuits and turn it into a flour.  Process them in a food processor or, if you're like me, chuck them into a Glad Snaplock bag and have at it with a mallet.  Hey, it ain't pretty but it does the trick (sorta)!




2. Add in the cocoa.


3. Pour in the soy milk. 


4. Open the can of condensed milk...


... and pour it all in.


5.  Mix it all up to create this glorious mess.


Continue until you reach this stage:


7.  Line a tupperware box with baking paper so you can store it in an air-tight container.  I just re-read what I wrote and realised that I've turned into my mother.


8. Roll them into balls (about a 50c piece size?) and coat them in the coconut.


END RESULT.  Definitely not picturesque but my mouth isn't complaining!


WOW. SUCH CHOCOLATE. MUCH YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment