29 May 2015

Why Hello Sailor!


Dearest internet,

I just had a little look through my photos folder and it's definitely time to have a clear out before I start finding dead cats hidden under mouldy files.  

I tend to enjoy eating anything that's edible, and sometimes unwittingly find that I have eaten things that are not (I swear I didn't know!).  That said, if I find something questionable you know you need to avoid it like the bubonic plague.


I digress.  Let's start with a little positivity on this page, however, and I can't think of anything that evokes happy like this elegant set-up called 'Hello Sailor'.



Just look at that table, my my my. Who else is imagining themselves in a Sorrento beach house...


... influenced by Scandinavian design (perhaps?)


Is that a mocha?  I usually order mochas so it must be... and so I've answered myself.  On a side note, they offer the ever evasive almond milk!  REJOICE ALL YE LACTARDS!  Seven Seeds coffee I believe, and Mörk hot chocolate.  Yep, they brought in the big guns, and yes, its taste packs quite a robust punch.


Another angle because it was looking particularly beguiling.


I can't remember what this dish was called exactly but it went a little like this: soft eggs, soldiers (they come gluten-free for a reasonable extra $1.00 as your wish is their command), homemade hot sauce with two sides of home-made baked beans and smoked salmon.  Loved every aspect of this, would order again no hesitation!


#tbt.  Not really, it's not Thursday. (Oh, you don't care?)  This photo is from a while back when they were newly opened.  A banana chocolate chip and tomato with herbs were the picks of the day.  I believe they still offer a savoury and a sweet muffin option every single day (dedication!).  Very worth scoffing down, consistently lovely flavours and a soft, fluffy interior; it's a choice that's never let me down (my flab would like to mention here that it tells me otherwise).

Edit:  Found more food!  I present the smoked salmon bagel:  it was a solid choice, but the smoked salmon was a tad too salty.


Hello Sailor
89 Auburn Road,
Hawthorn VIC 3122

 Click to add a blog post for Hello Sailor on Zomato 

Yeeaahhh, that's it.  I'm awkward at goodbyes so please just look away now and I'll slink away slowly.  See you soon loves x

No comments:

Post a Comment